To our valued clients,
We are currently accepting orders. Order capacity may be limited and our staff will notify you shortly after your inquiry if an order cannot be fulfilled. Our plans going forward will include guidance of the Erie County Health Department and University leadership.
Know that we have always operated and will continue to operate under the best health practices and follow the recommendations from ServSafe™, the Centers for Disease Control and the National Restaurant Association.
We thank you for your support during this time and cannot wait to see you and serve you. Stay healthy and stay safe.
COVID-19 Food & Beverage Policies
- These policies may change based on the University’s leadership.
- Delivery and pick up options are available.
- Bars are still offered however per NYS guidelines, substantial food must be ordered with any bar service.
All of us at Three Pillars Catering value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us regarding any questions that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
- We encourage you to book your event at least 15 working days prior to the day of your event.
- Placeholder events will need to submit date, timing, location, approximate headcount and brief description of event needs.
- Event details/menus must be submitted no later than 10 days prior to the event. For events of 75 people or more, details/menu must be submitted 2 weeks prior.
- Events requesting bar service must book and submit a full menu 20 days prior to the date of the event allowing for time to apply for a NYS Liquor License.
- Adjustments to details and guest count can be made up until 72 business hours prior to events of less than 75 people. Adjustments to details and guest count for events of 75 people or more can be made up until 1 week prior. After this time an increase to your final count will be based on availability. You may not decrease your guest count after this deadline. If the final count is not received, the number indicated on the original order will be considered the guarantee. If the signed contract is not returned prior to the delivery date, your order will not be fulfilled.
- For events with a choice menu, clients are to provide a place card, with meal choice indicated, for each guest and a spreadsheet of the guest list with meal selections.
- Events requested less than 72 hours will only be scheduled based on availability of product, staff and will incur a late booking fee of 20% of the food and beverage bill or $25, whichever is greater.
- As a standard, we provide tablecloths for food and beverage tables only. Additional cloths are available to rent for $6 each.
- All drop off “Good” orders will be on high quality disposable platters and/or beverage containers. Eco-friendly paper products are included.
- If you'd like to upgrade your order to a “Better” set up, with melamine platters and drink towers and/or urns, there will be a pick-up fee added to your order. Pick up fee for North or South Campus locations is $35. Pick up fee for Downtown or other locations is $50.
- If service staff is required for your event, you will be charged $25 an hour, with a four-hour minimum, per attendant. Events of 50 people or more will require service staff based on menu selections. Service staff is there to maintain your food and beverage stations as needed. Our sales team will work with you on how many service staff members will be required for your event based on menu and guest count.
- A 10% gratuity will be included in the invoice of all staffed events.
- All drop off orders are required to meet a $200 minimum or will be charged a delivery charge. Delivery fee for North or South Campus locations is $35. Delivery fee for Downtown or other locations is $50.
- If you are paying by check, 100% of the payment must be received no less than 7 business days prior to the day of your event.
- If you are paying by credit card, the card will be swiped no less than 2 business days prior to your event.
- If your event has food or beverage on consumption or you have requested food or beverage to be refilled during the duration, a card may be kept on file and swiped after the event has concluded.
- When planning an event at the Center for Tomorrow please contact our sales team for booking availability and room set up needs. Room fee information is based on space and duration of your event and can be provided at the time of booking.
- To book University Club Conference Rooms you must reserve it using the UB Space Request System. Once confirmation of the room booking has been cleared then our sales team will reach out to confirm your food and beverage details. Conference room A or B carries a room fee of $50 each. When utilizing both A&B as a whole space the room fee is $100.
- When looking to plan an event in the University Club Dining Room please contact our sales team about availability. This space can only be booked with the existing setup, as is.
- Three Pillars Catering is not responsible for room or table set-up in all other venues. Our sales team will notify you of their table needs for the food and beverage you have ordered. Please arrange your table and chair needs with your facility coordinator.
- Please note, due to New York Health Code regulations concerning proper storage and temperatures of food, food and beverages may not be removed from the premises following a catering event.
- All stations and buffets are presented for a duration of 2 hours.
- All allergy and dietary restrictions are accommodated where possible. 3 Pillars Catering food, as well and products we purchase, are prepared in a kitchen where nuts, dairy, etc. are present.
- Any outside food from other vendors or suppliers cannot be served or maintained by our staff.
- Alcohol service must not exceed four hours in length.
- No guests under 21 will be served, all other guests must have proper identification. We reserve the right to refuse service to any person for any reason and is at the discretion of the manager on duty.
- Substantial food must be provided at all events where alcohol is being served.
- Non-alcoholic beverages must be available for all guests during the entirety of the event. Alcohol consumption is limited to the immediate premise of where it is being served.
- There is a $65 liquor license fee required for each bar, at all events. In order to secure this license, New York State requires a 20-business day notice. Location/venue map and full menu is required for the application submission. 3 Pillars Catering will manage the process of applying and obtaining the liquor license for the day of your event.
Late Arrivals & Cancellations
- All cancellations of food service should be made no less than 72 hours prior to your event in writing to email@example.com
- If a cancellation should occur, the client will be charged for any incurred costs.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours will be charged in full.